March 10, 2021 - by Susan Erwin Prowse
What are NFTs, you say? Well, I said that a few days ago and I'm learning every day.
Join me here for my flow of knowledge and resources. I'll guide those who ask for help here to gather the FAQs and links I'm using to learn!
NFTs ("Non-Fungible Tokens") are one-of-a-kind tokens that represent a unique good or asset, like digital art. They can be sold in auctions for collectors to bid on or purchase, and the sale of NFTs unlocks new revenue streams for creators.
Minting an NFT is how your digital art becomes a part of the Ethereum blockchain–a public ledger that is unchangeable and tamper-proof. Similar to the way that metal coins are minted and added into circulation, NFTs are also tokens that get “minted” once they are created. Your digital artwork is represented as an NFT so it can then be purchased and traded in the market and digitally tracked as it changes collectors in the future.
NFT DIRECTORY: www.NFT.sx
THE BEST GROUPS ON CLUBHOUSE FOR NFTs:
10 STEP I TOOK TO LAUNCH MY FIRST NFT
1. Download the MetaMask Wallet for Google Chrome at www.metamask.io and set up my wallet. IMPORTANT: Write down your 12 word pass on something at home and save somewhere special. DO NOT screen shot or save anywhere online. This is your confidential info tied to your wallet and all banking.
The NFTs you mint will be tied directly to your wallet which means that you’re in control, and you’ll hold and manage your funds directly. Before you get started, you’ll need to make sure you have ETH (the cryptocurrency used for all transactions on Ethereum) and a wallet set up.
3. Linked my Metamask wallet to my Opensea account.
4. Added my picture and info to my Opensea account profile.
5. In Opensea, I clicked "Create" and began setting up my first Collection called "Rainy Ray"
6. When you start your collection, it will ask for a picture for the collection. This is NOT your NFT. It's just the collection "logo".